The Beijing Subway is a rapid transit rail network that serves the urban and suburban districts of Beijing municiplity. The Beijing Subway opened in 1969 and is the oldest metro system in mainland China and is the world's busiest in annual ridership, with 3.78 billion trips delivered in 2017, averaging 10.35 million per day. The subway is a very important means of transport around Beijing city. Being fast and affordable, it is pretty much convenient not just for locals who work in the city, but also for new guys in town who want to check out different places.
Some useful tips for you if you want to use subway in Beijing as below:
1. Ask for help
The first tip might only apply to people like me who do not have subways in their countries and it is only their first time. I don’t say you that if you are new in this kind of transport, you cannot teach yourself to use it, however, it is pretty much better and time saving if you go along with a person who has been using it and he or she travels with you, gives you a general picture of how the whole thing works, and then you are good to go since at least you have the general idea.
2. Use the maps
Located near exits of subway stations, maps are very important for a subway passenger in order to avoid the trouble of losing your way.
Besides just reading the maps in the station, you need to make sure that you download one or at least take a picture of the station map using your smart phone.
3. Always remember the right exit
The Beijing subway stations have many exits, and each leads you to a different side of the location where you are going. You need to know the right exit that leads you to the nearest point of the place you are going to. So, if anyone asks you to visit and you want to use the subway to do it, remember to ask them which exit to take.
4. Always read the signs
Of course signs should not be taken for granted. For instance, the signs that show you which line you are heading to. You should also look out for new signs that may emerge for example in case one way is closed and a “no admittance sign” is put in place.
5. Buying a subway card is a better option
The Beijing subway has two options: you may either buy a card, or you may always buy a ticket that works for a single journey. However, for convenience, the better option would be to buy a card, load enough money on it, so that you will not always have to lose time buying a ticket every time you want to travel. And always remember to check much remains on your card after swiping.
6. Good behaviour and respectful etiquettes
This is very needful. Always be kind to give a seat to the elderly, pregnant mothers, people with disabilities or any other vulnerable person.
You also need to keep in mind the good etiquettes of respecting the queue in case you find many people waiting to enter the subway station especially in the morning or evening hours.
7. Hold the pole
This helps to be stable so that you will not to fall on other passengers on the ride.
8. Be alert not to miss your stop
When travelling to a distant station, you might feel like taking a nap or grabbing a book and read. Just make sure you are able to be alert and not miss your stop.
The price is charged according to the distance. It is CNY3 for the first 6km (3.7 miles), CNY4 for 6 to 12km( 3.7 to 7.5 miles), CNY5 for 12 to 22km (7.5 to 13.7 miles), CNY6 for 22 to 32km (13.7 to 20 miles), extra CNY2 for every additional 20km (12.4 miles) if distance over 32km (20 miles). A Transportation Smart Card can be used for paying. The stops are announced in both Chinese and English. Passengers can query the subway staff to avoid going in the wrong direction and wasting time.
1. A child shorter than 1.3 meters (4.3 feet) cannot ride metro alone. If an adult takes one child below 4.3 feet high on the metro, the child is free of charge; if two, one of the children is free of charge.
2. Tickets are issued for one-day use only.
3. It is suggested to prepare loose change beforehand to take metro. At most stations passengers can buy the ticket either at the Customer Service Center or self-service ticket vending machine, but some stations are only equipped with ticket vending machines which accept 1RMB coins, 5RMB and 10RMB banknotes.
* Quality Service & Affordable Prices are what we are here to do for our clients
* Customizable & Flexible Tour Arrangement based your needs
* Beijing Local Tour Company offers various Beijing Tours & China Package Tours
* Professional Guides: Licensed Bilingual tour guides with 5+ years experience
* Experienced Drivers & well conditionded vehicle
* Various Payment Methods: Paypal, Alipay, Wechat, Bank transfer
* Free Cancellation: Up to 24 hours+ before your travel time
* Reply your tour inquiry in details within 24 hours
* 24/7 fully backed up by our team & Last Minute Booking is available
1 to 1 tailor-made service from our professional travel advisors for the most sophisticated
Constantly excellent reviews for attraction, hotel and service Competitive price
Local experts provide quality tours Best selected knowledgeable local guides Authentic local restaurants
7*24 hours available to create you a worry-free tour. No Hidden Fees and absolutely no pressure to buy. Secured